Born on April 29, 1985, up to now, the Southern Women’s Museum – No. 202 Vo Thi Sau, District 3, City. Ho Chi Minh City – has become a familiar address for domestic tourists, especially women and foreign visitors to visit the city. Ho Chi Minh.
The forerunner of the Southern Women’s Museum is the Southern Women’s Traditional House built according to the wishes and will of the previous generations of women in order to preserve and educate patriotism and good traditions. beauty of Vietnamese women for generations to come.
With the approval of the Politburo and the Secretariat of the Party Central Committee, in January 1983, the Southern Women’s History Research Group (referred to as the Southern Women’s History Group) was established. The Women’s History Group consists of 13 elderly female cadres, most of them retired, voluntarily participating in the review of the history of the Southern women’s movement, led by Ms. Nguyen Thi Thap – former member of the 2nd term of the Party Central Committee, 3.4, former Vice Chairman of the National Assembly, former President of the Vietnam Women’s Union (from 1956 to 1974) in charge.
With the urgent work spirit of the Southern Women’s History Patriarch, on April 29, 1985, on the 10th anniversary of the South’s complete liberation, the Southern Women’s Traditional House was inaugurated with a large scale. 200m2 area including 6 thematic galleries. Operating for less than a year, the Southern Women’s Traditional House has welcomed 100,000 domestic and foreign visitors, especially in the southern provinces..